Careers at SkoolBag
SkoolBag was founded in 2012 in Newcastle NSW by a father who was sick and tired of school notes hiding amongst his son’s mouldy sandwiches at the bottom of his school bag (that’s if his son even remembered to bring the note home in the first place).
SkoolBag has since become Australia’s leading school communication platform.
In 2016 MOQ Limited (ASX Listed) acquired SkoolBag and its growing user base with just under one million users.
Not only does SkoolBag count some of Australia’s largest private schools as customers, their complementary product SportsBag was selected by the Australian Olympic Committee for all communication needs between athletes and delegates at the RIO Summer Olympics & Winter Olympics.
Senior Software Engineer - Sydney, Australia & Colombo, Sri Lanka
Join one of Australia’s leading SaaS platforms, servicing over 750,000 users and help us on our mission to connect parents and teachers Australia wide.
We’re looking for a passionate and motivated software engineer to join our product development efforts and help build quality messaging products.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
If you’re passionate about working within a team that is filled with smart and collaborative people, take pride in seeing your high-quality work in the customer’s hands, sweat the small details and love learning & exploring, we should talk!
We Expect You To
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to ensure projects meet business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
What You Can Expect
A great opportunity to make your mark by building elegant high-quality solutions, delighting users and championing a leading-edge technical culture
An organisation that puts the user first and a product that has user experience as a key value for the customer
Working with a cross-functional team focused on constant iteration and effective improvements to realise beautiful software solutions
A challenging and fun environment where you can have a massive impact
What You Bring To the Table
In addition to being awesome, down to earth, having a great sense of humour, you have a strong desire to continually master your craft, you also bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with AWS Lambda’s
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
*No recruiters, please.